Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mud and Gardening

Eli seems to enjoy the mud as much as his brother did at this age! You could also say that Nicholas still enjoys getting dirty, too!

Here they are helping eachother get good and dirty!

The first year I wasn't teaching I had a pretty decent garden in town. The following year we were moving into the new house and I never got one planted. Last year I just wasn't up for much gardening as I was very large during planting season and had a newborn to take care of through the summer.

So, this year I decided it was finally time for my garden. Ben brought a load of cattle compost down and then brought the disc down to work it in. I spent the next few days watering and raking trying to even things out a bit.


This year I planted sweet corn, carrots, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, acorn squash, yellow squash, zucchini and pumpkins. I'll update you as it grows even more!

No comments: