Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hurry Up And....

When we got back from Germany there was lots to do!  First it was, hurry up and put up the Christmas tree!  We had already gone out to Hall-a-day trees and tagged our tree as we knew it would be the 19th/20th before we got ours up.  So, we went and cut it down and got busy!


Both boys loved helping decorate the tree and they did a great job!

Next it was, "Mom's home, hurry up and get sick!"  We got home Sunday night and put the tree up Monday.  By Wednesday this was Nicholas:

At this point I was trying to figure out if what I had on the plane was motion sickness or a stomach bug.  Since Nicholas got sick I knew that either I had it first and gave it to him, or he had it first and I would be soon to follow.  Sure enough the latter was true.  Saturday, which was Christmas Eve, I got very sick.  Ben was holding out for me to be fine and Christmas to go on as planned.  By Saturday night I was nearly passing out from no food/liquids in me (luckily I felt it coming and was able to get to the floor before I actually passed out).  Then Eli got sick and Ben officially saw my point that Christmas was going to be off this year.  I didn't really feel good Saturday-Monday.  Luckily Eli's only seemed to last a few hours, much like Nicholas' did.  I'm sure my jet lag didn't help my body get over this faster.  At least there were no major problems and we ended up having a quiet little Christmas at home.  More to follow on that....

No comments: